254 King's-Edgehill Cadet Corps

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

254 King's-Edgehill Cadet Corps

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Series

Reference code

Accession number: 1999.1; Box 50

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1991 (Creation)
    Creator
    Canada. Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps. 254 King's-Edgehill School (Windsor, N.S.)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1881-)

Administrative history

The King's College School Cadet Corps of the Royal Canadian Army was originally established in 1881 in Windsor, Nova Scotia, and consisted of about two dozen cadets. The uniform was a double breasted navy blue jacket and trousers with a white peaked cap. In 1910 the Corps uniform was changed to knee breeches, khaki jackets, puttees and forage caps. At the same time the Corps became affiliated with a Reserve force unit of the Royal Canadian Artillery, with headquarters in Windsor. In 1921, the uniform was once again changed to that of a Highland Regiment, adopting the MacKenzie tartan. The Corps was also affiliated with the Second Battalion Regular West Nova Scotia Regiment during the 1940's. In 1960 the Corps was officially affiliated with a Highland Regiment, the Black Watch (RHR) of Canada. Special parades in which the Corps have participated include the Remembrance Day ceremonies, the Lord Bishop's Parade, the Honour Guard for His Excellency the Governor-General of Canada and Annual Inspection. The Royal Canadian Army Cadet Training Program was broken down into thirteen varied military subjects: Drill, Rifle, Light Machine Gun, Military Law, Fundamentals, Interior Economy, Fieldcraft, Map Using, Corps Indoctrination, Field Exercises, Range Courses and Elementary Tactics. The aim of the Corps and the school was to instill in Cadets mental and physical discipline, alertness, and a sense of responsibility and leadership. Following the amalgamation of King's College School and Edgehill School in September 1976, the Corps became known as 254 King's-Edgehill School (Windsor, N.S.). Today all students between the ages of twelve and nineteen participate in the School Cadet program once every week. The Corps normally numbers around two hundred and fifty in strength, and is organized into two Rifle companies and three Platoons each; a Band, a precision Drill Team, and a School Flag Party. The students are guided by cadet instructor cadre who come mostly from the school teaching staff.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Series forms part of King's-Edgehill School fonds and consists of programmes of the Cadet Inspection.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related places

Related genres