254 King's-Edgehill Cadet Corps

Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité

Titre propre

254 King's-Edgehill Cadet Corps

Dénomination générale des documents

Titre parallèle

Compléments du titre

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

Niveau de description

Série organique

Cote

Accession number: 1999.1; Box 50

Zone de l'édition

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Zone des dates de production

Date(s)

  • 1991 (Production)
    Producteur
    Canada. Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps. 254 King's-Edgehill School (Windsor, N.S.)

Zone de description matérielle

Description matérielle

1 cm of textual records

Zone de la collection

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Zone de la description archivistique

Nom du producteur

(1881-)

Histoire administrative

The King's College School Cadet Corps of the Royal Canadian Army was originally established in 1881 in Windsor, Nova Scotia, and consisted of about two dozen cadets. The uniform was a double breasted navy blue jacket and trousers with a white peaked cap. In 1910 the Corps uniform was changed to knee breeches, khaki jackets, puttees and forage caps. At the same time the Corps became affiliated with a Reserve force unit of the Royal Canadian Artillery, with headquarters in Windsor. In 1921, the uniform was once again changed to that of a Highland Regiment, adopting the MacKenzie tartan. The Corps was also affiliated with the Second Battalion Regular West Nova Scotia Regiment during the 1940's. In 1960 the Corps was officially affiliated with a Highland Regiment, the Black Watch (RHR) of Canada. Special parades in which the Corps have participated include the Remembrance Day ceremonies, the Lord Bishop's Parade, the Honour Guard for His Excellency the Governor-General of Canada and Annual Inspection. The Royal Canadian Army Cadet Training Program was broken down into thirteen varied military subjects: Drill, Rifle, Light Machine Gun, Military Law, Fundamentals, Interior Economy, Fieldcraft, Map Using, Corps Indoctrination, Field Exercises, Range Courses and Elementary Tactics. The aim of the Corps and the school was to instill in Cadets mental and physical discipline, alertness, and a sense of responsibility and leadership. Following the amalgamation of King's College School and Edgehill School in September 1976, the Corps became known as 254 King's-Edgehill School (Windsor, N.S.). Today all students between the ages of twelve and nineteen participate in the School Cadet program once every week. The Corps normally numbers around two hundred and fifty in strength, and is organized into two Rifle companies and three Platoons each; a Band, a precision Drill Team, and a School Flag Party. The students are guided by cadet instructor cadre who come mostly from the school teaching staff.

Historique de la conservation

Portée et contenu

Series forms part of King's-Edgehill School fonds and consists of programmes of the Cadet Inspection.

Zone des notes

État de conservation

Source immédiate d'acquisition

Classement

Langue des documents

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Restrictions d'accès

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Instruments de recherche

Éléments associés

Éléments associés

Accroissements

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Zone du numéro normalisé

Numéro normalisé

Mots-clés

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Mots-clés - Noms

Mots-clés - Genre

Zone du contrôle

Sources

Zone des entrées

Sujets associés

Lieux associés

Genres associés