- Corporate body
Acadian Supply Company was a ship chandler and merchandiser located in Lunenburg, incorporated on January 12, 1920 and operated till 1966. They sold coal, lumber, cement, building and fishing supplies, locks and keys and groceries. On October 28, 1966 Acadian Supply Co. was sold to A.B.C.O. Ltd. of Lunenburg, who kept the name until they closed, the original Acadian Supplies Co. operated under the name Acadian Holdings Limited until 1967 as they finished closing their accounts. R.S. Corkum was managing director until his death in November of 1929. He was replaced by Henry C. Winters on February 28th, 1930. Winters resigned in April of 1940 and replaced by J. Bertram Morash. Other directors over the years included Captain Leo P. Corkum, Captain Will Spindler, Hugh R. Anderson and B.S. Richard.
Acadian Vessel Company was a subsidiary of Acadian Supply Company, it was incorporated on May 5, 1930 and operated till 1964. They owned, bought, sold, and operated ships and vessels. In 1930 they owned the following vessels, Nina M. Conrad, Maria A. Spindler, Grace Buchner, Marshal Frank, Robert Esdale, Elizabeth Warde, Annie B. Gerhardt, M + L Coaster, Jean M. Madelin, Isabel F. Spindler, Leah Beryl and Howard Donald.
Both businesses were subsidiary companies under Adams and Knickle Ltd. (MS-4-27)