Arthur John Lockhart

Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité

Titre propre

Arthur John Lockhart

Dénomination générale des documents

  • Document textuel

Titre parallèle

Compléments du titre

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

Niveau de description

Fonds

Cote

1925.002-HRP

Zone de l'édition

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Zone des dates de production

Date(s)

  • 1913-1923 (Production)
    Producteur
    Lockhart, Arthur John, 1850-1926

Zone de description matérielle

Description matérielle

2 volumes of textual records.

Zone de la collection

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Zone de la description archivistique

Nom du producteur

(1850-1926)

Notice biographique

Arthur John Lockhart, born in Lockhartville, Kings County, N.S., was the eldest son of Capt. Nathan Albert Lockhart and Elizabeth Ann (nee Bezanson). Lockhart explained to A.W.H. Eaton that he grew up surrounded by and reading literature. At the age of seventeen, he moved to Wolfville and lived with Mr. Major Theakston, then the editor of the Wolfville Acadian. Not long after he moved to Cambridge, Mass., and worked in the University Press on the publication Every Saturday. Lockhart entered religious life in 1868. By 1871, he was assisting the pastor in St. Andrews, N.B. In 1872, he entered the Methodist Episcopal Conference of Eastern Maine. Lockhart married Adelaide Beckerton of St. Andrews in 1873. For the rest of his life, Rev. Lockhart was the pastor for several communities throughout Maine. (A.W.H. Eaton, The History Of Kings County, 1910)
Lockhart wrote under his own name as well as the pseudenoym of Pastor Felix. Many of his books are in the Library’s Special Collections. A.W.H. Eaton indicates,
Rev. Arthur John Lockhart (“Pastor Felix”), in 1877 published “The Masque of Ministrels”, which contained his own earlier poems and those of his brother, Rev. Burton Wellesley Lockhart, D.D. In 1895 he published a smaller collection of verse entitled, “Beside the Narraguagus, and Other Poems” ; and in 1910, “The Birds of the Cross, and Other Poems”. He is also the author of a volume of miscellanies in prose and verse, entitled “The Papers of Pastor Felix”, issued in 1903. (A History of Kings County, 1910, 401)

Historique de la conservation

Portée et contenu

Fonds consists of two volumes of Lockhart's The Harp of Acadia; An Anthology. Largely the Writings in Verse of Authors Reared in the Maritime Provinces; Describing and Celebrating Their Country.

Zone des notes

État de conservation

Source immédiate d'acquisition

Classement

Langue des documents

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Digital records not available.

Restrictions d'accès

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Records subject to the Copyright Act.

Instruments de recherche

Éléments associés

Éléments associés

Accroissements

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Zone du numéro normalisé

Numéro normalisé

Mots-clés

Mots-clés - Lieux

Mots-clés - Noms

Mots-clés - Genre

Zone du contrôle

Sources

Zone des entrées