Brooklyn Division, Sons of Temperance of Nova Scotia fonds

Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité

Titre propre

Brooklyn Division, Sons of Temperance of Nova Scotia fonds

Dénomination générale des documents

    Titre parallèle

    Compléments du titre

    Mentions de responsabilité du titre

    Notes du titre

    Niveau de description

    Fonds

    Cote

    Zone de l'édition

    Mention d'édition

    Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

    Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents

    Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

    Mention de projection (cartographique)

    Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

    Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

    Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

    Zone des dates de production

    Date(s)

    • 1866-1992 (Production)
      Producteur
      Sons of Temperance of Nova Scotia. Brooklyn Division (Yarmouth County, N.S.)

    Zone de description matérielle

    Description matérielle

    30 cm of textual records

    Zone de la collection

    Titre propre de la collection

    Titres parallèles de la collection

    Compléments du titre de la collection

    Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

    Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

    Note sur la collection

    Zone de la description archivistique

    Nom du producteur

    (1866-1992)

    Histoire administrative

    The Brooklyn Division was originally formed in 1866 (originally known as Star in the East Lodge), as part of The International Order of Good Templars. In 1883 the Society changed its affiliation to become a division of the Sons of Temperance. The Brooklyn Division of the Sons of Temperance was the last operating division in Yarmouth County, Nova Scotia and closed in 1992. The Brooklyn Temperance Society met in a building that is located on the Brooklyn Road (Brooklyn, Yarmouth County) in proximity to the junction of Highway 101.

    Historique de la conservation

    The Brooklyn Temperance Society fonds was donated by its' members following its disbandment in 1992. Part of this collection had already been on loan to the Archives and this was subsequently donated to the Yarmouth Museum & Archives at this time.

    Portée et contenu

    Fonds consists of minute books and treasurers' books. Also contained in the fonds is a 1938 copy of the constitution, a copy of a centennial book published in 1947, and miscellaneous papers. The fifteen minute books include the years 1866 to 1992 - from the society's inception to closing. Unfortunately some pages of the earlier books have brief sections cut out. The six treasurers' books cover the dates 1917 to 1975, however they are not complete.

    Zone des notes

    État de conservation

    Includes 21 ledgers.

    Source immédiate d'acquisition

    Classement

    Langue des documents

      Écriture des documents

        Localisation des originaux

        1994:78

        Disponibilité d'autres formats

        Restrictions d'accès

        Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

        Instruments de recherche

        Finding aid available.

        Éléments associés

        See also the records of the Anna R. Braedor Division fonds, Argyle Township Court House Archives; Lily of the Valley Division fonds, Old Kings Court House Museum; Tatamagouche Division fonds, North Shore Archives; Linden Division, North Cumberland Historical Soceity; and Temple Division fonds, North Cumberland Historical Society.

        Éléments associés

        Accroissements

        Note générale

        The museum has artifacts pertaining to the society which were donated at the same time of the donation to the archives.

        Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

        Numéro normalisé

        Numéro normalisé

        Mots-clés

        Mots-clés - Sujets

        Mots-clés - Noms

        Mots-clés - Genre

        Zone du contrôle

        Sources

        Zone des entrées