CFS Debert Museum Collection

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

CFS Debert Museum Collection

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1941-1984 (Creation)
    CFS Debert Museum (Colchester County, N.S.)

Physical description area

Physical description

  • 5 cm of textual records
  • 4 maps
  • 4 technical drawings

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator


Administrative history

CFS Debert Museum was dedicated to the history of and located at Canadian Forces Station at Debert, Nova Scotia. The camp was built in 1940 to accommodate 20,000 military personnel and 6100 civilian employees. It was the site of the first Canadian British Commonwealth air training station and the last major staging point for troops going overseas. Following the conclusion of World War II the station was dramatically reduced. In 1959 the RCAF moved out, however the Canadian Navy continued to use the airfield until 1969. During the 1960s the station was used as the site of the Regional Emergency Government Headquarters fallout shelter. It became part of NATO's integrated communications system. Throughout the 1990s the station was continually downsized until it was closed in 1997. The museum also closed at this time.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Records were donated by the Museum upon its closing in 1997.


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

97.65.1-19. Maps are located in map cylinder 97.65.1-5

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials


Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area


Accession area