Title and statement of responsibility area
Christ Church (Amherst Parish, N.S.) fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Christ Church
Physical description area
3 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The first recorded service in Amherst, Nova Scotia was held in 1752. The Christ Church building was erected at West Amhert in 1822. In 1846 the building was taken down and removed to the present site at Victoria Square. This church was reconstructed and opened for worship Christmas Day 1846.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of one account ledger which was used to record church expenditures and credits.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated to the CCMA by Geraldine Pipe of Amherst. Mrs. Pipe's father was a warden of the church.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
See also Amherst Parish fonds available at Nova Scotia Archives and Records Management.
Further accruals are not expected.