Doctor's Cove United Baptist Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Doctor's Cove United Baptist Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • Photocopied [ca.1989] (Creation)
    Creator
    Doctor's Cove United Baptist Church

Physical description area

Physical description

3 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1859-)

Administrative history

A meeting house was built around 1859 in Doctor's Cove near Barrington, Nova Scotia, which was to be at the disposal of all preachers, and was called the Barrington Central Meeting House. The proper organization of a Baptist congregation at Doctor's Cove was not undertaken until 30 April 1917. Since 1906 and the formation of the United Baptist Convention, the Doctor's Cove United Baptist Church has shared a ministry with Barrington, Oak Park and Bear Point. In 1928, Port LaTour was added to the pastorate.

Custodial history

These records were photocopied by the Historical Society

Scope and content

Fonds consists of a photocopy of a records book for the Baptist Church located at Doctor's Cove, which records minutes of meetings of the congregation and lists members baptized into the church.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Original records are in the Acadia University Archives, Atlantic Baptist Historical Collection, Wolfville, N.S.

Availability of other formats

In the possession of Ernie Nickerson, given to him by Rev. Roland McCormick

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Sources

Accession area