Title and statement of responsibility area
East Jeddore School fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of fonds.
Level of description
Accession number 2009.039
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- East Jeddore School
Physical description area
1 v. of textual records, 1 leaf of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The East Jeddore School opened in 1921, or possibly earlier, and operated until 1962, at which time it was amalgamated into the newly built Jeddore Lakeville School.
Records were acquired at some point by Helen Jennex, and were kept in a trunk with other material at Jennex’s residence until sometime after her death in 1986 when her son Otis Jennex Jr. gave the material to Lake Charlotte Area Heritage Society member Ford Webber. Webber kept the material in a shed until it was transferred to the Eastern Shore Archives in 2007.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the East Jeddore School and consists of a ledger which records school taxes owed by individual taxpayers for the period of 1930-1936, along with their payment status. Also recorded are teacher salaries, supply costs, insurance fees, and other expenses for the same period. In addition, the ledger book includes minutes of school meetings from 1923-1935. Also includes a sheet of paper which records valuations of taxpayers’ property in East Jeddore and school taxes for 1921.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated by Ford Webber in 2007.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Open to researchers without restrictions.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
East Jeddore School registers for the years 1933 and 1935-1961 can be found in the Halifax Regional School Board fonds.
No further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Digital object metadata
February 26, 2017 12:35 PM