Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité
Edgehill School fonds
Dénomination générale des documents
Compléments du titre
Mentions de responsabilité du titre
Notes du titre
Niveau de description
Zone de l'édition
Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition
Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents
Mention d'échelle (cartographique)
Mention de projection (cartographique)
Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)
Mention d'échelle (architecturale)
Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)
Zone des dates de production
- Edgehill School (Windsor, N.S.)
Zone de description matérielle
2.9 m of textual records and other material
Zone de la collection
Titre propre de la collection
Titres parallèles de la collection
Compléments du titre de la collection
Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection
Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection
Note sur la collection
Zone de la description archivistique
Nom du producteur
The Church School for Girls, Ltd. was opened at Windsor, Nova Scotia by the Diocese of Nova Scotia and Fredericton and incorporated in 1891. The school was founded for the purpose of giving a high-class education in all subjects, including religious instruction according to the teaching of the Church of England. Teaching was chiefly through lecture. The cornerstone for the school building was laid on 23 June 1891, and the building was erected on "historic Edgehill." There were 27 "charter" students in residence that year, with a staff of six teachers. The affairs of the school were to be managed by a board of seven directors, to be elected by shareholders. A board of nine trustees were in charge of discipline and instruction, and appointment of teaching staff. A new dormitory was erected in 1951. In 1954 the act of incorporation and by-laws were revised, and the school became known as the Edgehill Church School for Girls. In 1967 the school again changed its name from Edgehill Church School for Girls to Edgehill School. In September 1976, Edgehill School and King's College School amalgamated to form King's-Edgehill School. It was not until the "Act to Amalgamate King's College School and Edgehill School as a Body Corporate to be known as King's-Edgehill School" received Royal Assent on June 26th, 1982 that the schools were officially amalgamated. The Edgehill School building was sold to Marnat Properties in August 1980.
Historique de la conservation
Custodial history is unknown.
Portée et contenu
Fonds consists of: Series - Records of the Board of Governors, Series - Records of the Secretary-Bursar, Series - Acts and by-laws, Series - Records of the Headmistress/Headmaster, Series - Memorabilia, prizes and textbooks, Series - Attendance registers, Series - Calendars and prospectus, Series - Photographs, Series - Films
Zone des notes
État de conservation
Includes 7 film reels, 1 postcard, and 15 photographs.
Source immédiate d'acquisition
Langue des documents
Écriture des documents
Localisation des originaux
Oversized Box 1, Boxes 1-24, Box 56
Disponibilité d'autres formats
Permission of the chairman of the Board of Governors is required to access some of the material as some material is restricted.
Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication
Instruments de recherche
Box list is available.
See also the King's College School fonds, the Edgehill Guild fonds and the King's-Edgehill School fonds.