Eisenhaur’s Carriage Factory fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Eisenhaur’s Carriage Factory fonds

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Repository

Reference code

MBMS-19

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • [1909-12], [1940] (Creation)
    Creator
    Eisenhaur’s Carriage Factory

Physical description area

Physical description

3 photographs
1 negative

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1909-1952)

Administrative history

Eisenhaur’s Carriage Factory was founded at Mahone Bay in 1909 by Ambrose Eisenhaur (c. 1851-1923), who operated the business with his sons, Guy (1878-1936) and Harry (1880-1935). In the 1920s the carriage works was converted into an automotive garage and service station. Following Ambrose’s death, the garage was operated by Guy, who later sold the operation to his brother, Harry, in 1927. Harry, who operated a car dealership, died in 1935. By then, the Crossland family owned the service-station business; however, the car dealership continued under the management of Harry’s son, Phillip (1914-1987), who retired in 1952. Later, the original factory building was demolished.

Custodial history

The photograph of the Eisenhaur’s Carriage Factory was found in the Mahone Bay Museum photographic backlog. The remaining photographs and documents were donated to the Museum in 2005 by Harry M. Eisenhauer.

Scope and content

Fonds consists of an early image of the Eisenhaur’s Carriage Factory building and examples of the firm’s carriages. There is also a c. 1940 photograph of Philip Eisenhauer standing in front of the former factory building.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Sources

Accession area