A.H. Smith (Firm: Truro, Colchester County, N.S.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

A.H. Smith (Firm: Truro, Colchester County, N.S.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1870-

History

The A.H. Smith store was established ca. 1870 by Arthur H. Smith at Truro, Colchester County, N.S. The store specialized in watch repair, jewelry cleaning, production and repair, and optometry services and supplies. From this location, Smith also issued marriage licences. Circa 1918 this business was assumed by Smith's son A.A. Smith, operating under the same name until 1932 when the name was changed to the Smith Jewelry Store. In 1938 John Doane purchased the business.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC