Showing 97 results

Archival description
88 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Item · [after 1836]
Original hand drawn map which shows the topographical junction point of Colchester, Halifax and Guysborough Counties. This is an early, undated map, but since Guysborough was officially named in 1836, we know this map to be later than this date, but likely no later than 1875. The map shows land grants and grantee names, waterways and roads. Of note is Windsor College marked on 5 acres. 2019.24.1
Item · 1908
Part of George Mosher Collection
Architectural drawing of Fire Doors for T. F. & M. Co. (Truro Foundry and Machine Co.)Includes dimensions and details. Lists requirements to furnish 3 right and 3 left doors in cast iron for dutch ovens.Drawing #1 by George Mosher, October 1908. 2019.1.25
Item · 1908
Part of George Mosher Collection
Architectural drawing of Fire Door Frame construction for T. F. & M. Co. (Truro Foundry and Machine Co.)Includes dimensions and details. Lists requirements for cast iron dutch ovens (3) and 12 anchor boltsDrawn by George Mosher, October 1908. 2019.1.24
Item · 1853 - 1867
Original hand drawn map showing Tatamagouche and Area - DesBarres Grant lots and others. Showing county lines, lots, owners, waterways. Dates 1853 - 1867. Surveyed by George Hattie, Land Surveyor 2003.7.1
Item · 1884
1 original hand drawn map showing new proposed road as continuation of Gunn's Road, connecting from West Branch Road to River John Road and the properties it will cross (McKay, Munroe, McBain and Langille's). Surveyed by Gilbert Sutherland Feb. 11, 1884.Confirmed - May Session, 1884. Recorded in Road Bank pgs 476-9. 2019.45.1
Item · 1850
Original hand drawn map of "Follie Village, surveyed by me this 9th day of January 1850" by Donald Urquhart. Shows Colchester County land lots, owner names and directional measurements. Note: Map 2011.62.9 is very similar but has a few different names on the lots. Both maps were apparently done the same day by the same person. This map states, "This plan belongs to J. A. Fraser 2011.62.8
Item · 1850
Original hand drawn map of A Plan of Lands in Folly Village, surveyed by Donald Urquhart, Dep. Sur., January 9, 1850.Shows Colchester County land lots, owner names and directional measurements. Note: Map 2011.62.8 is very similar but has a few different names on the lots. Both maps were apparently done the same day by the same person. 2011.62.9
Item · 1858
Original hand drawn map of the Back Lots of the Township of Truro, NS. Copied by Isreal Longworth March 7, 1858. Includes land grants and names of property owners, some roads, marshlands and waterways. 2019.38.1
Item · 1872
Original reproduction certificate issued to J. L. Peppard. Certifies that, "...he having expressed a desire to withdraw from the Lodge, is fully paid and has complied with the requirements, his leave is therefore granted." Signed at Truro, October 14, 1872. 2019.20.1
Item · 1872
Original reproduction certificate issued to J. L. Peppard. Certifies that he "...is raised to Degree of Master Mason in the Lodge Cobequid No. 37. Given at Masonic Hall, Halifax this 10th day of February in the year of our Lord 1872 and of Light 5872." English text is displayed on the left hand side of the certificate - Latin translation is on the right. 2019.20.2