Print preview Close

Showing 1108 results

Archival description
Item · after 1758
Hand drawn map showing the City and Harbour of Louisburg (after 1758), including buildings, raods, coastline, fortifications, troop details, inset of City and Gabarus Bay. Unknown creator and date. 87.12(i)
Londonderry Township, 1780
Item · 1780
Londonderry Township map showing Planter Grantees and Lots. Traced from original by James Fulton, D. Surveyor, abt. 1780. Downscaled tracing done by Bruce McNutt, 1983. 2019.19.1
Robert Kim Stevens fonds
Fonds · [ca. 1972]-[ca. 2002]
Fonds consists of records of the activities of Robert Kim Stevens. Records were created and accumulated between about 1972 and 2003. Fonds is arranged into five series: correspondence, research material and publications, family files,maps, and drawings. Accession number 2003.010.
Item · 1784
Original hand drawn map of land grants and grantee names in part of Londonderry Township, Colchester County, NS. Includes surnames McLellan, Spencer, Denney, Dill, McLean, Skinner, and Reagh. Shows waterways and roads (unlabelled). 92.358.13
Petition of Michael Eisan
Item · 1785
Item consists of printed microfilm copies of a petition written by Michael Eisan to the Hon. Thomas [Dundas], received December 29, 1785. The document includes a signed oath stating that Eisan resided at Halifax/ Dartmouth from July 15, 1783 to March 25th, 1784, however, that he was incapable of delivering any request for relief, outlining the claims and losses that he had incurred in South Carolina during the American Revolution, within the allotted amount of time for claims submissions. His reason for not submitting his claim to the Commissioners on time was that he was unable to procure any evidence to substantiate his claims or prove his losses and he believed that there was no point in submitting a relief request without any such evidence. The document also includes government responses to his petition, regarding the events that took place during the dissentions in America and the actions of the Loyalists. Accession number: 2013.015
Item · 1788
Map shows Truro Township along the Salmon River, including the first main roads of the Town. Includes grantee lots and owner names with inset of Birch Island in Upper Village. 93.40.1a
Reverend Jacob Bailey fonds
Fonds · 1759-1807
Fonds consists of correspondence, sermons and personal journals of his travels to London, England.
Truro, NS, 1837
Item · 1837
A 1911 newsprint reproduction of an 1837 map of Truro NS. Shows homeowner names and buildings, businesses, main roads, Salmon River, Mill Race and Boyd's Brook. 88.92
Enlarged Plan of Truro, 1838
Item · [1838]
Original hand drawn map shows early downtown Truro, "Sept. 9, 1838" appears in pencil as well as "44".Shows the first streets in Truro with placement of homes and homeowner names. Includes Salmon River, Bible Hill (center), Young's Road, Mill Race, Boyd's Brook, Parade Square, Gaol, Court House, and Churches. Several items seem to have been corrected: erased and moved in the same hand - perhaps this was a work in progress. Creator unknown. 2007.107.1