Title and statement of responsibility area
King's-Edgehill School Alumni Association fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1985-1991, [ca. 1993] (Creation)
- King's-Edgehill School Alumni Association (Windsor, N.S.)
Physical description area
- 21 cm of textual records
- 2 photographs (col.)
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
In 1985 an amalgamation between the Edgehill Old Girls Guild and the King's College School Old Boys Association formed the King's-Edgehill School Alumni Association. Membership in this association was open to any person who had attended and completed a full year or more at King's-Edgehill School or at King's College School or at Edgehill School (was Edgehill Church School for Girls). Males who attended are called "Old Boys" and females are called "Old Girls." Honourary memberships were available to any teacher who had taught for a full year or more at the schools. Entry into the register of members of the association by the secretary of the names and addresses of the person constituted admission to membership in the association. Membership dues were required to remain a member in good standing. The aims of the association are the betterment of King's-Edgehill School and the maintenance of the traditions of the former Kings College School and Edgehill School.
According to the first constitution (1985) of the new alumni association, the officers of the association were: president, vice-president, secretary, corresponding secretary and treasurer. The president presided as chairman of this board of directors at the general meeting of the association. Any member of the Alumni Association was eligible to sit on the board as a director. Directors were elected at the annual general meeting. The membership of the board was comprised of no less than 40% Old Girls and 40% Old Boys. The position of president of the King's-Edgehill School Alumni Association was rotating, with one alumnus holding it for one term followed by an alumnae for one term and continuing ad infinitum. In the 1995 and 2002 constitutions, the officers of the association were the president, vice-president, secretary and treasurer. The headmaster and the alumni director of King's-Edgehill School were ex-officio members of the board of directors.
The president had general supervision of the activities of the association; the vice-presidents performed the duties of the president in the event of illness or incapacity; the secretary maintained the minutes of meetings, and the treasurer maintained the records and accounts. The board would also appoint any member of the association to be a newsletter chairman, historian, or chairman of such other committees as the board deemed appropriate to establish. The directors at that time appointed female trustees to administer and oversee all Trust Fund monies of the Edgehill Guild or Edgehill Old Girls' Association, and the directors appointed male trustees to administer and oversee the Trust Fund monies of the King's College School Old Boys' Association. All subsequent trust monies received were deposited into a new fund administered by both male and female trustees, appointed by the directors.
Presidents of the association have included: Y. Blanchard (1985), Sylvelin Oakey (1991), K. MacNeil (1995) and Jean Fraser McHarg (2002). Secretaries of the association have included: E. Jane Brewster (1985), Janet Rowe (1991), Mary-Jane Ferris (1995) and Barbara Ryan (2002).
As of 2002, the Alumni Association is an external part of King's-Edgehill School, but in 1993 the position of treasurer was given to an employee of the King's-Edgehill School, working on behalf of the alumni. The employee was referred to as the alumni director, and in 2002, the director of alumni affairs and archives. Louise McQuarrie was alumni director from 1989-1994, followed by Linda Landymore (Edgehill Class '67), who continues in the position (1995-present, 2003).
Some of the more recent material came from the office of Louise MacQuarrie (1985-1988). Reunion material and Centennial material donated by Kay Stanfield in July 1995.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of minutes relating to the amalgamation of the King's College School Old Boys and Edgehill Guild and a draft copy of the constitution of King's-Edgehill School Alumni Association; promotional and fundraising material for the 100th Birthday celebrations in 1991; correspondence and newspaper clippings used as copy for the newsletter, sent to the Alumni office (1985-1995); Alumni Association newsletters (1985-2002); photocopies of photos of sports, students and rooms at KCS and Edgehill in 1930 and 1933 (copied ca. 1985 and ca. 1993); material donated during Reunion Weekend for the Class of 1935, including photographs; also includes Edgehill Centennial correspondence kept by Kay Stanfield, Class of '35.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Permission of Alumni Association is required to access some of the material as some material is restricted.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Box list is available.
See also the Edgehill School fonds, King's College School fonds and the King's-Edgehill School fonds, the Old Boys Association fonds and the Edgehill Guild fonds.