Le Petit Courrier (Yarmouth County, N.S.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Le Petit Courrier (Yarmouth County, N.S.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1937-

History

Le Petit Courrier was founded in 1937 by a board of 12 directors in order to provide the people of southwest Nova Scotia with an opportunity to read French. It began as one page of local news. The Digby Courier printed the first copy on February 10, 1937. By May, the Yarmouth Herald had taken over the task of printing Le Petit Courrier. It continued to be printed in Yarmouth until it was moved to West Pubnico in January 1939. Le Petit Courrier was printed and published in West Pubnico for the next thirty years. In 1970-1971, the Acadian Federation of Nova Scotia purchased Le Petit Courrier to use as a means of communication. The company L'imprimerie Lescarbot Ltée bought the newspaper and its name was changed to Le Petit Courrier de la Nouvelle-Écosse. In October 1977, the name was changed again to its current name Le Courrier de la Nouvelle-Écosse. Its new mandate was to develop links between the francophone and Acadian communities of Nova Scotia and to promote their interests. In 1987, the Féderation Francophone (Acadienne) de la Nouvelle-Écosse became the new owner of Le Courrier de la Nouvelle-Écosse.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC