Mrs. Stanley Robson fonds

Original Digital object not accessible

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Mrs. Stanley Robson fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Accession number: 2010.018

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • [ca. 1965-1967] (Creation)
    Creator
    Robson, Gladys (Palmer)
    Place
    Clam Harbour (N.S.)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 folder of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1885- 1971)

Biographical history

Gladys Ellen Palmer (Mrs. Stanley Robson) was born on May 17, 1885 in Estmere, Victoria County, Nova Scotia. Her parents were Simon Richard Palmer (1833-1918) and Christina (Campbell) Palmer (1856-1892). In 1901 she was working as a domestic servant in the home of Henry and Margaret Stoddard. She married John Stanley Robson (1874-1940) in Dartmouth in 1908 and together they had three children: Eva Edna, Douglas Onslow, and Anna. In 1911 they were living in the Ship Harbour area. Mrs. Robson was a public school teacher in the Clam Harbour area. She died on May 5, 1971.

Custodial history

The custodial history of these records is unknown.

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records of the activities of Mrs. Stanley Robson and includes a copy of a handwritten history of the Clam Harbour United Church by Mrs. Robson, as well as an original handwritten review of the Church’s history. The texts were created in preparation for the 1967 centennial celebrations of the Church, with the review to be used as a sermon to the church’s congregation. Mrs. Robson spent two years preparing the history, and stated that she relied mostly on her memory, with the aid of records and information from other residents of the area. The review includes a brief conclusion and some annotations written in a hand other than Mrs. Robson’s.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Acquired by the Lake Charlotte Area Heritage Society from an unknown donor, sometime prior to 2003.

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

    Location of originals

    Availability of other formats

    Restrictions on access

    Open to researchers without restrictions.

    Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

    Finding aids

    Associated materials

    Accruals

    No further accruals are expected.

    Alternative identifier(s)

    Standard number

    Standard number

    Access points

    Place access points

    Name access points

    Genre access points

    Control area

    Sources

    Digital object (Master) rights area

    Digital object (Reference) rights area

    Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

    Accession area