Forme autorisée du nom
Nova Scotia Horticultural Society
forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom
Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions
Autre(s) forme(s) du nom
Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités
Zone de description
Nova Scotia Horticultural SocietyThe Nova Scotia Horticultural Society was established in August of 1836. It was originally established in the western suburbs of the Town of Halifax to create a taste for horticultural on a 5 ½ acre lot of land which was originally part of the Halifax Commons. The land that was set aside was leased for an annual rent. The lessee of the property was William Lahie who had personally spent £400 of the £850 spent until 1845. That year a fire destroyed his hothouse and the Nova Scotia Assembly granted £25 to replace by importation some of the valuable plants lost. The Society was incorporated in 1947. The land was ultimately sold in 1874 to become part of the Halifax Public Gardens.