Royal George Hotel fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Royal George Hotel fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1941-1957 (Creation)
    Creator
    Royal George Hotel

Physical description area

Physical description

15 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1906-)

Administrative history

The Royal George Hotel was built on College St., Antigonish in 1906. It was the premier hotel in the town for many years due to the luxury of having hot and cold running water. C.E. Gregory, local barrister, was the man who had the building erected. It operated successfully as the Royal George until the early 1970s, when new ownership changed the name to the Bonnie Brae Inn. Since that time, the ownership has changed once more and the old name has been restored. No hotel has operated from the building since c. 1978, but several small businesses and offices are located on site. At the time the first daybook (1941-1942) was in use R.K MacDonald was the owner of the Royal George Hotel. He had previously been partners with Joseph Kennedy, who had bought the hotel from its original owner, C.E. Gregory. However, Kennedy only ran the hotel for a short period of time and MacDonald took over. At the time of the third and forth daybooks (1952-1957), George Armour was the operator of the hotel.

Custodial history

Donated to the Antigonish Heritage Museum.

Scope and content

Fonds consists of three day books which record expenses incurred by patrons (ie. rooms, meals) at the Royal George Hotel, Antigonish.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Fonds No. 30

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

File No. / Accession No.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Sources

Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres