Ship Harbour Lake Mutual Telephone Company

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Ship Harbour Lake Mutual Telephone Company

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

[ca. 1940-1974]

History

The Ship Harbour Lake Mutual Telephone Company operated the telephone exchange between Ship Harbour and Oyster Pond, Halifax County, Nova Scotia, including Upper Lakeville, Lake Charlotte, Ship Harbour, DeBaies Cove, Owls Head, Little Harbour, Clam Harbour, and Clam Bay. Its area of operation likely reflects the current Lake Charlotte (845) telephone exchange. The company was probably incorporated under the Rural Telephone Act and was administered by a board of directors and three officers, including a president, vice-president and secretary-treasurer. The company was taken over by the Maritime Telephone and Telegraph Company (MT&T) in 1974.

Places

Ship Harbour Lake (N.S.)
Lake Charlotte (N.S.)
Ship Harbour (N.S.)
DeBaie's Cove (N.S.)
Owl's Head (N.S.)
Little Harbour (N.S.)
Clam Harbour (N.S.)
Clam Bay (N.S.)

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

RAD

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Dec. 12, 2016 by Laureena Leadbeater

Language(s)

  • English

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places