St. Mary's Hospital, Inverness

Original Digital object not accessible

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Mary's Hospital, Inverness

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Item

Reference code

77-473-607

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • ca. 1920 (Creation)
    Creator
    Hatt, Ernest Samuel

Physical description area

Physical description

1 photograph : sepia toned ; 20.5 x 15.5 cm

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1875-1925)

Biographical history

Ernest Samuel Hatt was a Nova Scotian photographer, working around the turn of the twentieth century. He was born in Mill Village, on May 8, 1875, to parents Joseph and Lavinia Hatt. Hatt had his own studio on Central Avenue, Inverness, but he was known to travel to find subjects to photograph. He often traveled from Margaree to Judique with his camera in tow. He photographed local events, as well as, churches, schools, families, weddings, coal miners, firefighters, and musicians. Hatt took daguerreotypes and tintypes. He married Eva May MacIntosh in Cumberland County on July 12, 1904, and he is listed as a photographer on their marriage certificate. Hatt later moved from Inverness to New Waterford, N.S. He died on January 14, 1925 in Scotchtown, New Waterford at 74 years of age.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Item is a photograph of St. Mary's Hospital, Inverness.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Photograph was donated to the Beaton Institute Archives by Msgr. D. MacPherson.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Sources

For the most up to date archival descriptions from the Beaton Institute Archives, visit beatoninstitute.com.

Digital object (External URI) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres