Truro Knitting Mills Co., Truro, NS

Original Digital object not accessible

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Truro Knitting Mills Co., Truro, NS

General material designation

  • Architectural drawing

Parallel title

Other title information

Sections of Addition to the...

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Item

Reference code

2019.2.1

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

1/8" = 1"

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • [ca. 1900] (Creation)
    Creator
    Stanfield, Frank, 1872-1931

Physical description area

Physical description

Blueprint copy of an architectural drawing
rolled paper
63 x 100 cm

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1872-1931)

Biographical history

Manufacturer, Lieutenant Governor. Born in Truro, Nova Scotia, Frank was the son of Charles and Lydia (Dawson) Stanfield. His father came from Prince Edward Island from Yorkshire, England in 1855, then to Truro in 1866. Frank Stanfield was an Anglican who married in 1901 to Sarah Thomas and had five children: Robert, Charles, Frank, Gordon and Kathryn. He was an executive in the Stanfield Mills in Truro. From 1911 to 1920 and from 1925 to 1928, Frank Stanfield represented Colchester County in the Nova Scotia Legislature as a Conservative. In 1930 he was appointed Lieutenant Governor of the Province. He died in 1931, while still in office. His home at 38 Dominion Street was designed by well known architect E. D. Vernon of Truro.

Custodial history

Custodial history is unknown.

Scope and content

Drafting plan of Sheet no. 5 - Sections of Addition to the Truro Knitting Mills Co. (later Stanfield's), including side views, cross sections, dimensions and some construction details. Drawn/designed by C. R. Makepeace & Co., Mill Engr's & Archt's, Providence, R. I., ca. 1900.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

High resolution image is available - contact CHS

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Sources

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area