Stanley F. Flaherty family fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Stanley F. Flaherty family fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record
  • Cartographic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Accession number: 2012.001

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • [ca. 1910-1970] (Accumulation)
    Accumulator
    Flaherty, Stanley F.
  • 1890-1970 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

4 folders of textual records
2 maps

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Custodial history

Records were donated to the Musquodoboit Harbour Heritage Society (MHHS) by Stanley Flaherty on July 23, 1998. The records were housed at the Musquodoboit Harbour Railway Museum until they were donated to the Eastern Shore archives in 2012, along with the rest of their archival holdings, as their mandate no longer supported the collection of archival material. Textual material in series five was originally donated to the MHHS by Andrea and Dale Montgomery.

Scope and content

Fonds consists of land records related to the Flaherty and Kennedy families and regarding land in Petpeswick and near Martinique Beach. Fonds also contains a marriage certificate and telephone bills for Mrs. Stanley F. Flaherty in the 1960s.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Donated to the Eastern Shore Archives by the Musquodoboit Harbour Heritage Society.

Arrangement

Upon donation to the Eastern Shore Archives, the local history archival records of the MHHS were not arranged in any apparent order. Order was imposed by the Eastern Shore Archives based on the contents of the records and consultation with original donor information that was available.

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Open to researchers without restrictions.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals are expected.

Accompanying material

The materials from the Musquodoboit Harbour Heritage Society (MHHS) were part of a larger donation made in 2012 when the MHHS transferred all of its archival holdings to the Eastern Shore Archives from the Musquodoboit Harbour Railway Museum. The donation included materials now in the Eastern Shore school attendance registers collection, William Ansell Gaetz fonds, Eastern Shore District High School fonds, Musquodoboit Harbour Heritage Society fonds, the Musquodoboit Harbour Tennis Club secretary’s book (discrete item), and the James David Vaughn fonds.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Sources

Accession area